Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fabulous flash game alert: Treadmillasaurus Rex

I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again: I rarely play PC games.

In fact, the only PC games I seem to play (and enjoy) these days are free-of-charge Flash games, like the previously blogged about (see below) Robot Unicorn Attack and Winterbells.

Well, I added another title to that (admittedly short) list a few minutes ago: Treadmillasaurus Rex.

Like the games mentioned above, this one, developed by 23-year-old John Cooney (aka jmtb02), is deceptively and deliciously simple. In fact, all you do is move the titular T-Rex back and forth--using the arrow or WASD keys on your keyboard--on a treadmill while avoiding--by jumping, again using the arrow/WASD keys--lasers, spikes and other such obstacles.

Sounds easy enough, right? It is--or, well, it would be if it weren't for the damn "Wheel of Awesome" that sits behind the treadmill, spins every few seconds and effects the gameplay in various ways (by moving the lasers closer together, for example, or by reversing or speeding up the treadmill).

I think it's a blast to play, but don't take my word for it; go give it a try the next time you have a few minutes (or hours) to spare. Just be ready to see the following screen with some frequency.



See also: 'Fabulous flash game alert: Robot Unicorn Attack' and 'Fabulous flash game alert: Winterbells'

6 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Oh. My. God. How fun! The +1 Hat made me cheer every time.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, yeah -- the "+1 Hat" award (??) is hilarious, isn't it? I think I'll be playing this one for a while...

Starfighter said...

I got 36 but I doubt I will play it again. The hat was indeed funny though. :)

Bryan Ochalla said...

You know what is turning me off of the game a bit, Starfighter -- the damn "reverse treadmill." Ack! For some reason I can't deal with it. Maybe I'll go back to Winterbells...

Starfighter said...

Winterbells is such a lovely game but everytime I fail I seem to fee- l that the mouse is to blame so I put it behind me and never looked back. I have a decent mouse now though, if I only got my hands on a supersweet-enhanced-megasuperduper-writehomeabout-mousepad (I hope mousepad is the right word for it) I might just give Winterbells another shot.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Huh, my mouse never seemed to cause me problems, but if you had a crappy mouse and mousepad I could see that affecting things. I say give it another shot!