Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Say hello to my spiffy new Xbox Live Arcade (and Indie Games) player

Last week, Amazon.com offered shoppers a pretty sweet deal on four-gig Xbox 360 systems: Buy one and they'd give you a $50 promotional credit that could be used toward future purchases.

I've been waiting for such an opportunity for quite some time, so I jumped on it. The system arrived on Friday afternoon and shortly after I ordered a 4,000 Xbox Live Points Card with my $50 credit (which arrived on Saturday, surprisingly enough).

So far, I've used that points card to pick up a number of Xbox Live Arcade and Indie Games releases, including Arkedo Series--03 PIXEL!, Kaiten Patissier, Miner Dig Deep, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX and Protect Me Knight.

I have my eye on a few others--like Braid, Castle Crashers, Costume Quest, Limbo, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, Nin-2 Jump and Trouble Witches Neo--but I'm going to spend some quality time with the titles above before buying any of them.

Anyway, of the games I currently own my favorite, by far, is Pac-Man Championship Edition. I'm not very good at it, but I don't care--it's so addictive and so fun that I can't stop playing it.

10 comments:

RetroKingSimon said...

Nice job! If I got a modern console it would be a 360, and almost exclusively for retro-flavoured stuff on XBLA :) MUST PLAY GALAGA LEGIONS!

Bryan Ochalla said...

Thanks, Simon! Honestly, I'm not sure I'll ever buy any retail games for this thing. At the moment, I'm quite content with the downloadable titles :)

As for Galaga Legions, I'll have to give it a try! If it's even half as good as Pac-Man CE/CE DX, it'll be AMAZING!

Balloonfighter said...

Ilomilo! If you enjoy puzzlers it's absolutely adoreable. Very kawaii but also and excellent puzzle game.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, I think I've seen pics of this game, Balloonfigher! I didn't know it was a puzzler, though. I'll definitely give it a look -- thank you for the recommendation!

Viewtiful_Justin said...

We've lost you! Don't forget about us, please. But seriously, that WAY COOL! I'm thrilled for you, and I can't wait to hear your impressions about all of them!

Bryan Ochalla said...

Ha! When you say "we," Justin, are you talking about the Nintendo faithful? Regardless, I'm not going anywhere! I just wanted to be able to play some of these awesome XBLA and Indie games I've been reading about.

BTW, I probably should redo to headline of this post to say "Hello to my Pac-Man Championship Edition player," because that's all I'm playing at the moment. I'm OBSESSED!! :)

Viewtiful_Justin said...

No, I meant the world in general. You're gonna be a zombie playing all those games! It's okay...I am too at the moment.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, no, most of the game I bought are quick little games. They won't make me any more of a zombie than I usually am, I assure you :)

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Good. :-P I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, though. I'm envious.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, I'm definitely enjoying myself. Some of the Arcade and Indie games are really fun. You'd love one of them, I think: Aban Hawkins & the 1000 SPIKES. It's a completely masochistic platformer that looks and sounds like it could have been made back in the days of the NES. Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeZfCd_-ok4