Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More LEGO Pokémon, anyone?

Honestly, I think this batch of LEGO Pokémon may be even better--or at least cuter--than the last batch made by Filip Johannes Felberg. (Here's his last batch, for the sake of comparison.)

My favorite this time around: The Lillypup in the center, although the Axew (left) is pretty darn precious, too. (Oh, hell, all four of them--even the Klinklang in the back--are cuter than cupcakes.)



I just recently added an Axew to my, er, collection in Pokémon Black, by the way. Shortly after that monumental occasion, I beat the eighth gym leader, Drayden--on my first attempt! Now I'm off to battle the Elite Four (I think?). Anyway, wish me luck!

9 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Good luck! Bring your dark, your fighting, your psychic, and your highest levels. They're pretty tough.

I haven't leveled up my Axew yet...the levels at which he evolves are SO HIGH!

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Oh, and in the excitement about hearing your impression about the Elite Four, I forgot to comment on the legos like I wanted to. Dang it. That Lillipup is adorable. And the Klinklang in the back is perfect!

Bryan Ochalla said...

Thanks, Justin! Thankfully, my dark and fighting Pokemon are by best buds right now. I have a pretty good psychic one, too, but probably should level up at least one more. (Hmmm, Munna or Gothitora -- or both?)

I'm just amazed I survived Drayden's gym on my first try. My gosh, could they throw any more Fraxures at you?

Anyway, you *know* I'll be posting about my progress to and through the Elite Four. I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to beat all of them...

As for the LEGO Pokemon, yes, the Klinklang is SPOT ON. This guy's take on the character actually makes me like the in-game one a lot more than I would have otherwise.

Viewtiful_Justin said...

I took an instant liking to Klink when I saw it. And yeah...that last gym was kind of ridiculous. I think I beat Drayden on my first try, too...but getting there was a little confusing.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, yes, getting to Drayden was confusing. At one point, I wanted to leave to the gym to heal my party and I couldn't figure it out. Thankfully I had enough Revives to get through...

famicomfreak said...

Ah this has inspired me to build my own Pokemon from Legos! Lego store here I come!

Bryan Ochalla said...

Great! Be sure to post the results on your blog :)

Sean said...

I've never noticed it before seeing this, but Lego is actually the perfect medium for reproducing the 8-bit look in 3 dimensional form. These pics look really good.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Ah, you're right, Sean! You know what I want to see now, as a result? LEGO Super Mario Bros!