Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I've been called a lot of things ...

... but "Twin Famicom owner" isn't one of them. Until now.

Yep, I finally broke down and bought a (red) Twin Famicom. I haven't received it yet (I only bought it--via eBay--a few hours ago), but when I do I hope it's as clean and unscathed as this one:

Sharp Twin Famicom

I nearly spent my birthday money on an Xbox 360 instead--I can't get the recently released Costume Quest and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX out of my head--but I figure I can pick one up sometime next year (especially if the system sees a price drop).

Anyway, I'll be sure to snap a few photos of my new acquisition--and share them here--after it arrives.

7 comments:

Nuts) said...

heh, gratz, as i was thinking

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Well, that's terribly exciting. It's such a cute little system. And is that SMB3 sticking out the top?

Bryan Ochalla said...

Thanks, Nuts!

Justin: Yep, that's the Japanese version of SMB3. I'll definitely be getting that at some point (along with SMB and SMB USA).

Yay!

Sean said...

1) Happy Birthday.

2) Great! That looks like a really nice one! I look forward to seeing more posts when you get it and can start playing those Famicom games!!

Bryan Ochalla said...

Thanks, Sean! I should reiterate, though, that the Twin Famicom in the photo I posted isn't the one I bought. I found the image on Flickr some time ago and have been ogling it ever since :) I will post photos of mine after it arrives, though.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the fold! You will most definitely NOT be disappointed! Make to snap some pics of it and show it off.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Thanks, videogamesarerad! Oh, I'll definitely snap some pics of it -- I'm nothing if not thorough in that regard :) I'll snap some pics of the Fami games I recently bought, too.