Friday, September 03, 2010

Feeding my Famicom obsession

Earlier today, while scouring the Internet for photos of Famicom carts--yeah, I'm a freak--I stumbled upon famicomblog.blogspot.com.

The point of said blog: To chronicle a Japanese law student's attempts to "collect all 1051 of the Famicom games officially released between 1983 and 1994." (He's currently about halfway there, as you can see in the  following photo.)



"I'm basically doing this while living in a mid-sized city in Kyushu," he adds in the blog's "about" section, "hundreds of kilometres away from Tokyo where you could probably find all of them in an afternoon stroll through Akihabara or something."

The blog currently features just a handful of posts (12, to be exact)--this one, about the aesthetics of the Famicom cart, is my favorite--but I'm hopeful that will change as its proprietor inches ever closer to his goal.

3 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

What a fun quest!

Sean said...

Hey thanks for the nice post about my blog!!

I've been a bit busy and unable to post much over the summer but promise I'll get some new pics up (just passed the 600 cart mark)!

Bryan Ochalla said...

You're welcome, Sean! And thank you for commenting here :) I can't wait to read more of your posts -- and hear about your most recent acquisitions!