Saturday, August 14, 2010

A slick haiku

I have to admit, I'm pretty amazed that I'm still playing Dragon Quest IX--despite the fact that I "beat" it last weekend.

I think the cute-as-buttons slime "enemies" have something to do with the cartridge's extended stay in my trusty DSlite. I'm a bit obsessed with the little suckers at the moment, to tell you the truth. Specifically, I'm obsessed with the Metal King Slimes that can be found on the ninth floor of the (level 58) "Gold Waterway of Dolour" grotto.

In fact, I'm so taken with Dragon Quest's oh-so-slippery mascot that I wrote a haiku about her/him/it:

You look so friendly
Welcoming eyes and wide grin
So why do you flee?

Yeah, I know--I won't quit my day job.

(By the way, go here to see the full version of the slime photo above.)

6 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Yeah, agreed! I found a dungeon that's apparently packed with metal medleys...and it's only level 8! So that's cool. Unfortunately, the boss of it kicked my sorry ass a few times. Sometimes those Shogum bosses are fairly simple, and sometimes they just knock me dead.

I'm finally getting to the very very end. Barbarus and Corvus are next, I think. Finally. I've been spending so much time in dungeons and with alchemy and junk that I'm just now getting there.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, that sounds like a nice dungeon. Just wait until you get to the one I mentioned -- I can't stop playing it! Great place to level up, great place to add some gold to your wallet, etc. There are two enemies, though, that drive me nuts -- Slugly Betsy and the Moai Minstrel. Ugh!

Anyway, back to you -- I'm glad you're nearing the end! It's a great ride :) And just think -- you can keep playing for hours and hours even after you "win"!

Viewtiful_Justin said...

True story. Robb was just making fun of me because I have said three or four times that I was at the very end. He keeps wondering when I'm going to be done with it. I told him...never.

Bryan Ochalla said...

"Never" *is* the correct answer, Justin.

Funny aside: Last night before bed, I asked David (the hubs), "What am I going to do when I finally get tired of this game?" His response: "You'll start another one!"

Yeah, he knows me *way* too well :)

Devil Persona said...

Haiku is tricky
It maybe even sticky
But Bryan's Witty

Bryan Ochalla said...

Ha! Thanks Devil Persona :)