Monday, August 02, 2010

Daisy dukes, bikinis on top...

OK, so my main Dragon Quest IX character, Madonna, isn't currently sporting a bikini top and a pair of daisy dukes--à la Katy Perry's hit single, "California Gurls"--but one out of two isn't bad, right?

Actually, I'd take a "dangerous midriff wrap" (below) over a ratty pair of daisy dukes any day, but that's how I roll.


All that said, as awesome as I consider Madonna's girly getup to be, it's nothing compared to her cohort Utada's "malicious maid" costume:


I've just crossed the 60-hour mark in my playthrough of this horribly addictive game, by the way. I'm currently grinding my characters into shape so they can properly take on the boss of Gittingham Palace, King Godwyn.

After that, I'm off to the "Realm of the Mighty" to tackle ... well, whatever awaits me there.

Are any of you still spending time with Dragon Quest IX? If so, how far along are you?

See also: 'Sexy secretary,' 'But what about Beyonce's blue ball gown?' and 'The gayest (Dragon Quest IX) party ever'

12 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Did you just ruin the game for me? That's unappreciated.

Bryan Ochalla said...

By saying the name of the final boss? I didn't know it was a secret! Is it?!?

Bryan Ochalla said...

Whoops. I just looked it up, and it seems I did spoil his name, at the very least. Sorry about that. I honestly didn't know it was a secret :(

Viewtiful_Justin said...

It sort of is. He was lost, everyone thinks he's dead...and now? He's the final boss.

It's supposed to be a secret, not that I didn't KIND OF see it coming...

Bryan Ochalla said...

Yeah, sorry again about that. I've been working on side quests for so long that I forgot it wasn't spelled out early on...

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Oh, no biggie. I've been doing some dungeon exploring. I figured out that if you beat a dungeon you've already beat, you get ANOTHER treasure map!

Bryan Ochalla said...

Wait, so if I, say, go back and beat the first grotto *again*, I'll get another treasure map???

Bryan Ochalla said...

Thank you for this tip, Justin! I just beat the boss at the end of the first treasure map *again* and received a new treasure map. Got to the end of *that* grotto and beat that boss -- Shogum -- for the first time in five or six tries. Yippee!

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Shogum kicked my ASS! Twice! So...yikes. But I may try again soon. I just got a guest in my hotel who gave me a great piece of armor, so...connect to the DQVC and get some side quests and hotel guests and sweet armor (today I bought a slime suit that is a green and red slime stacked on top of eachother, so when it's worn with the slood, you look like a slime stack. SO CUTE.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Yeah, keep trying. He kicked my ass about five times before I finally beat him -- and since then I've beaten him about seven more times.

You know, I don't think I've gotten a guest in my hotel yet. What do you have to do to get guests to visit? I really need to do a better job of paying attention to the details as I play this game...

Viewtiful_Justin said...

I have no idea what you have to do to get one to visit...it just happens when I connect to DQVC...maybe once a month or something? I dunno.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Ah, I just got them today. It seems you get them (if they're available) when you connect to DQVC. Yay!