Friday, February 19, 2010

Note to Nippon Ichi: You're bringing this title to North America, right? Right?!?

Now that Nippon Ichi's Classic Dungeon has been released in Japan (it hit store shelves yesterday), I can't help but wonder: Will the retro-tastic PSP title be brought to the States?

As of now, the answer is "no." I e-mailed a PR contact at NIS America this morning, and the response I received was far from positive. "At this moment, we don’t have any plans to localize the game," the contact replied. "Sorry!"

Please, NIS America, don't make me hand (more of) my hard-earned cash
over to the folks at Play-Asia.com!

Hopefully that's just PR speak for "we're working on it, but we're not ready to announce it yet"--because if it's not, and if the folks at NIS American don't change their minds, I'm going to be an unhappy camper.

I guess I could import the game should that come to pass, but I'd rather spend my hard-earned cash on a product I can, you know, understand.

See also: 'First Classic Dungeon (PSP) footage looks ... classic' and 'I'm a sucker for sprites'

No comments: