Thursday, January 21, 2010

You don't say: Square Enix is going to release Final Fantasy I and II *again*

I wish I could say I was surprised when I read that Square-Enix will soon release iPhone/iPod Touch ports of the first two games in the Final Fantasy series.

My actual reaction: "Huh. I thought they'd already been released on every possible platform?"


Anyway, in case you've never played the NES, MSX2, Wonderswan Color, GameBoy Advance, PlayStation, PSP or mobile phone versions of these games, you'll be able to do so soon if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch (and if you live in Japan, at least for the time being).

(Via andriasang.com)

2 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

I've still never played FFII or the game that was realeased as FFII in the states for the SNES.

FFIII is amazing. FFI, while valuable for its history, is WAY not fun enough for me. Too much grinding and wondering what the hell you're suppsed to be doing. No thanks. I've got it on my NES and I've played it a few times, but never enough to really get into it past a few hours in when I'm still scratching my head and going, "WHERE AM I GOING?!"

Bryan Ochalla said...

I have a very soft spot in my heart for FF I, I have to admit. The Japanese version of FF II, though, sucks. It's a broken mess.

I can't believe you've never played FF IV (FF II in the US)! Most people prefer FF VI (FF III in the US), and rightly so, but FF IV is great, too. Another game I have a soft spot for :)