Thursday, December 10, 2009

Truly outrageous: Sony to call its PS3 motion controller 'Gem'?

That's what Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello is implying, at least.

According to thesixthaxis.com, Riccitiello disclosed the following during the UBS 37th Annual Global Media Conference this morning:

“In the coming year, both Sony and Microsoft have announced new controllers. Motion sensor controls. Natal and Gem--these are likely to bring new consumers into the marketplace."

EA is refusing to verify Riccitiello’s comment and Sony's response is that “no official name for the PlayStation motion controller has been announced,” so I'm guessing it's true :)

If so, my official response is, "Whoa."

My not-so-official response:



(If the image above put you in a "Jem" kind of mood, check out this video.)

2 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

I can't believe you just referenced Jem and the Rockers. You continue to amaze me.

Bryan Ochalla said...

I can't take full credit for it, unfortunately. I just took someone else's suggestion and ran with it :)