Thursday, October 01, 2009

Oh, Christmas tree... Oh, Christmas tree...

I know it's only October 1st, but I'm already thinking about the holidays. Why? Well, it probably has something to do with the fact that my husband has me on a strict budget right now. (Party pooper!) As a result, I'm spending a lot of time thinking about what *might* show up underneath the Christmas tree this year.

Among the games and gadgets that are currently occupying my daydreams:

1. Four Warriors of Light: Final Fantasy Gaiden--Before you ask, yes, I'm talking about the Japanese version of this throwback of a DS title. Square-Enix has yet to say if it will be released in the States, so I'm hoping to pick up a copy of the Japanese release--despite the fact that I don't know the language.



2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii--Can you imagine a better game to play with family and friends after the holiday feast is over? I can't. Of course, I doubt my husband--or any of our family or friends--will want to join in the fun, but that's OK. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the single-player mode all the same :)


3. Nintendo DSi (red)--I know this color hasn't actually been released (or even been announced for release) in the States, but I'm sure it'll show up eventually (after all, it's already available in Japan and will be available soon in Europe). As such, I'd happily accept an IOU from any of my family members until that day arrives...


4. PS3 Slim--I've wanted a PS3 since it launched in late 2006, but the high cost of entry (not to mention the anemic library) at the time kept me from handing over my hard-earned cash. Now that that system is down to $299 and is home to games like Katamari Forever, Little Big Planet and Valkyria Chronicles, though, I think I can fork it over--or convince someone else to fork it over for me.


5. Valkyria Chronicles--Well, I'll need something to play on my new PS3 Slim, right? This is the title that caused me to want a PS3 in the first place, so it just seems fair for it to be my first piece of software for the system, too.


Anyway, enough about my obsessions--which games and gadgets are *you* looking forward to this holiday season?

4 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Definitely New SMB Wii. I'd also love a PS2...no PS3 for me.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Yes, a PS2 is a "must have" for any serious gamer, IMHO. Be sure to pick up Katamari Damacy along with it :)

Why no PS3, though? Is it the cost, or something else? The cost certainly is what has kept me away...

Mischievous Lumi said...

If there is one thing I know about Final Fantasy it's that Western fans eat anything they throw at them that is remotely related to the series. I would wait a little while, chances are the English version will be coming shortly.

Bryan Ochalla said...

OK, Luminaris, I'll take your word for it :) Actually, I agree with you. I mean, Chocobo's Dungeon was released here--surely this game will be, too, considering it's on the venerable DS? I'm not sure it would make sense to import the title anyway, considering I don't know a lick of Japanese and this seems to be one game that requires a bit of knowledge of the language.