Monday, October 12, 2009

15-pixel PaRappa the Rapper

You probably didn't realize the PlayStation classic, PaRappa the Rapper, could be reduced to just 15 pixels, did you? I'm not saying it's playable, but it's certainly pretty--or at least "visually interesting." Don't take my word for it; take a look for yourself:



Who on earth would do such a crazy thing? The folks at the Alaskan Military School, a London-based design collective, apparently. According to TimMaughanBooks.com, members of the group created the series of "minimalist interpretations" of popular games for GameCity Squared, an event that will take place in Nottingham (England) from October 27 to 31.

Intrigued by the PaRappa video? Head over to TimMaughanBooks.com to view 15-pixel interpretations of Noby Noby Boy and Street Fighter, too.

2 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

That's odd. I love it! That pixelated style is such a draw for me that I once cut up a photo in to a grid and made a pixel character out of it. It was more than 15, that's for sure.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, I'm a total pixel junkie/whore, too, Justin. I love 3D visuals, too, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for games from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras.