Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It looks like Zelda, it sounds like Zelda, but will it be as fun as Zelda?

That's the question that went through my mind as I watched the first gameplay videos of From Software's 3D Dot Game Heroes this morning. Here's one of them:



(Two more videos of the upcoming PS3 title can be viewed here.)

Boomerang? Check. Chickens that retaliate after they're attacked? Check. Secret caves revealed by bombs? Check.

Those similarities have some gamers crying "copycat," but not me. I love it! It would be great if Nintendo would create such a game, but since that seems about as likely as a Kid Icarus sequel I'll gladly spend some time with this homage.

I know, I know--I don't have a PS3! Well, that might have to change this holiday season thanks to the $299 PS3 Slim and titles like this one, Katamari Forever, Little Big Planet and Valkyria Chronicles.

No comments: